Monday, March 21, 2011

Saville Posters: Side 1







Trying to think like Peter Saville, without being him. That's putting the objective of this project into words. I have been assigned a designer (Saville in my case) that I must design a poster for promoting a hypothetical lecture of theirs at the Kansas City Art Institute. The main goal I was trying to achieve was communicating the presence of Vanderslice Hall without visually and recognizably showing Vanderslice Hall. I also tried a little anti-advertisement out for size, but while still trying to somehow convey the idea of an artist or something important being at Vanderslice. As far as color goes, I tried some neon high contrast colors like what I saw on Suede's Coming Up album cover and some side work that Saville has done. I imitated a color coding system he used on the album cover of Power, Corruption, and Lies and the cover for the single Blue Monday both for the band New Order.

Overall I also wanted to go with an album cover sort of look. The first and fourth posters here don't push that as much as the others. I'd say the fourth doesn't at all and the first looks like a movie poster somewhat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment