Friday, December 10, 2010

Final Statement (project 3 Fall 2010)

My priority in this project was to establish a cohesiveness in my motifs. For the past two assignment in viscom I had not done so well at making all my series of works cohesive. I had begun to attempt this with the line poster project, and I had pretty much missed it entirely in the dot book. At one point, I had ended up with two sets of umbrella motifs (one clean and one haptic), a solid wind motif (that was only nice after a bunch of iterations on the wind swirls), and what I thought was a good walking backward motif. It ended up being that the walking motif was too clean to match up with the windy rain motif. As for the umbrellas, either motif I chose could work depending on whether or not I wanted to go a haptic route or clean route. Haptic was chosen and the walking motif was redone. This time with a janky set of legs and some foot print splatters as opposed to clean foot prints. This haptic quality enforced the conflict that exists in the haiku.

For the animation I tried to transition the motifs in the most natural way possible. I wanted them to enter and exit that made sense for the line. The cloud rolls on in and rolls out. The wind swirls onto and off the screen. The umbrella is a little unnatural in its entry when it just comes onto the page to cover up the wind and rain. It exits though by blowing around and off the page. Then the walking motif enters by actually walking and making the footprints. Then the legs fill the screen to transition back into the fully black screen with the cloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment