Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Packaging Find + Share

Pathos
Nestle/Wonka
Everlasting Gobstopper
Appeals to the chillun

The colors and the playful nature are what first draws me in. The colors also keep me looking at the package. The bright circles wrap around the box to the sides and the back and the little story on the back about the adventure waiting inside the  box keeps my interest as well, up until the box is empty and its time to get more candy somewhere


Ethos
General Electric
26 watt fluorescent bulb
Appeals to all esp. adults and energy & money savers

The bold $59 tag and the red colors draw me in initially. I continue looking to find out more about the quality of the bulb like its light output and bulb life. The life of the bulb alone is enough to keep me looking at the product in awe. And I'm saving 59 dollars.

Logos
Bolthouse Farms 
Green Goodness
Appeals to health nuts

The shape of the bottle and the overall uniform color palette (from the color of the cap to the color of the contents to the picture of the ingredients) draw me in instantly. These bottles have always stood out to me. The analogous greens do a great deal of drawing me in. I keep looking and get more interested in the product when I look around the bottle and I find a list of every ingredient used in the drink and the amount of each ingredient. It also offers a visual of how many fruits are used in the drink in addition to the typed out list. This bottle is very informative and fascinating to look at and see what was used in the making of.



ROUND TWO
(just for practice and becoming familiar with the modes of appeal)


Pathos
Keebler
Chips Deluxe: Rainbow
Appeals to the chillun and sweet tooths

The bright colors draw me in and the little Keebler elf, because I like sugar and I know Keebler makes some awesome sweets. The description of the quality of the cookies keeps me looking a little bit longer when I flip the package and look at the back.


Ethos
Jif
Creamy Peanut Butter
Appeals to choosy moms (and little kids)

I particularly get drawn in with the colors and especially the logo type. I like how the "j" and "f" are essentially the same shape just rotated. The logotype is the only thing that keeps me interested


Logos
Burt's Bees
Natural Skin Care for Men Deodorant
Appeals to smelly dudes who are avoiding the aluminum in other deodorant (that's what drew me in)

Yeah, knowing its deodorant without aluminum is a big appeal to me. The thought of it being created out of bee material is interesting too. I keep looking because of the ingredients used and the pattern on the front is nice to look at. Really the  content and make up of the deodorant do all the work for me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment