Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tender Buttons Process

Originally for my Tender Buttons anthology, I wanted to create a box that each of my poems could individually fit into. This was meant to emphasize the form of each individual poem. Each poem was meant to act as its own entity and I felt like a box that had some shelves that could house a tablet with a poem per tablet would be an acceptable solution. I was wrong. It didn't take long to realize that the box with shelves was just going to be too big and draw too much attention to itself and distract from the typography on each tablet. So I dropped the box with shelves and resorted to a recipe-box-like idea that  would still keep each poem contained but separate. Still too much though and I dropped the box idea all together. Here's my process of failed boxes. It's all good though, because the wire-o binding I settled on in the end was the necessary solution.







first time I considered using both sides of the tablet






No comments:

Post a Comment