Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Beginning to Album Collage









These pictures were like a practice run for my color harmony book soon to come.  All compositions are made using the album and its limited parts.  There are three parts to most of my CDs: the actual disc, the casing to hold the disc, and the booklet that is held in the front panel of the case.  In most cases the front of the booklet acts as the album cover too.  Inside CD booklets can be a variety of things like the band members names and roles on the album, lyrics to some or all songs on the album, notes or comments made by the artists, more album artwork (some booklets just have images and no personnel or lyrics), and much more.  In most instances though, if not all instances, the copyright information is on the back of the booklet.

So far i explored some of the purple, orange, and blue, hues I found in my collection.  They were all done on a solid white surface too.  I'm going to try putting tables and a CD player in some backgrounds and maybe have some hands holding them.  With these hues I did a complimentary contrast with the blue and orange objects, and a monochromatic study with purple and blue.  The images for the red picture all came from one album so it is not really a study.  That is the image I am pulling my palette colors from for Color Form.

No comments:

Post a Comment