Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Syntactic Aspect Meets Physics

My main two goals behind these compositions was to do the most different ideas I could brainstorm for each word.  Even if they drifted slightly from the basic idea, I wanted to establish two opposite poles, in a way, and see what didn't work with them.  I thought I might be able to then look between the two ideas and find a resolution for a final composition by using what worked the best in the compositions.  Some compositions differ more than others amongst each word and some are fairly similar.

In some I tried to use certain letters to enhance the meaning.  In acceleration I was going with a down hill drag race kind of effect.  The c's were supposed to act as wheels.  In waves a w was repeated to show the motion of waves.  In buoyancy an o was enlarged to show it floating.  The enlarging of the o came from the thought of air bubbles rising in water.

Sorry they're not in a line. I can't figure out an easy way to post the pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment