Friday, November 19, 2010

Haiku Storyboard Sketches



First sketches of the story board for the haiku motifs in viscom. I tried to combine and integrate as many of the transition techniques as I could into one transition without it being overwhelming. In most cases it is two or one method of transition used but sometimes I use three. The fade transition was not used as much as the others because I felt like it was unnatural and awkward for an umbrella or a pair of legs to just fade away. I applied the fade transition to the cloud and footprints though and I think it makes a lot more sense as far as concept and form. These two forms have the least smooth edges and because of their ragged edges make a sort of gradation around the main form. This gradation helps with the fading of the motif formally while the hard edges of the other motifs might not fade so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment