Monday, February 7, 2011

Analog Experimental Type and Refined Digital Type

anomaly



concentration



direction



repetition



space



gradation


anomaly



concentration



direction




repetition

space



texture

When I first set about this analog type I couldn't get away from two dimensional work. I wanted to carve, draw or paint. After I did my anomaly composition, I decided I didn't want to do anymore two-dimensional stuff. I began to think about how I could project type into a space. I already had some transparencies made up and I've tried photographing type on folded paper before and figured I could apply that hear. The concentration composition was made by taping large letters (cut from children's books) onto a panel of glass from a coffee table. I then shined a light on the table and projected the letters onto a wall to photograph. My intention behind it was to used the negative space of the letters to point toward a concentrated spot. The direction and repetition compositions were made using type on folded paper and the other three were all made by using overlapping transparencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment