Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Icon, Index, and Symbol: First Shots

Basically I compiled a list of things that I could use as symbols and indexes. Once I had most of my objects and ideas I started photographing. I took as many photos of as many ideas as I could and narrowed it down from there, keeping them best of course in quality and concept. I also tried to choose a selection of more interesting approaches. Different lighting and angles. I played with the shutter speed and modes on my camera. I don't (or didn't) know a lot about photography, camera jargon, methods, and such but I definitely feel more confident with my camera. I learned a few things and I believe I'm at a good spot to branch out and discover some things from.

Most of my icons were me, some were parts of me, and some were things that looked like me. I would say that the icons were the easiest to achieve ten ideas for. The indexes consisted a lot of my possessions and places I believe that most students see me around campus (the library and the cafeteria). The symbols were a lot tougher. Pretty much I used things that I like, but are symbolic in some way (numbers, Wu-Tang Clan logo, peace sign, Pokemon book I made, Physics, and music). The white-on-rice-in-a-glass-of-milk-on-a-paper-plate-in-a-snow-storm is like a reference to my last name and the pepper is what my beard looks like. Both are kind of a stretch I'd say but I wanted to try them.



No comments:

Post a Comment