Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Artifact Book Cover and Spread Mockups












My intent for the cover was to replicate a newspaper in some iterations and a wanted ad in others. The wanted ads kind of drift toward the West and cowboys though so the newspaper was my incline. The spreads, I feel, should follow a more gridded approach to replicate the idea of grids in newspapers. For my photos I am considering showing them in black and white to replicate newspapers, but more importantly the time period. No color photographs existed in the 1920's. 

A second idea, or theme, I am considering since the critique on these, is to set the book up like a police file. The type I used in the Crooks cover is reminiscent of the time period and a police file. The gridded spreads I think would also influence the police file idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment