Sunday, February 13, 2011

Design Quote Billboards First Glimpse








With each set of billboards I did, I tried to pick a set of three compositions from my kit of parts that were cohesive. I looked at serif versus sans-serif and the amount of dark space and the general weight of the letters when I chose a set of three. I also considered letterform and composition in the last two sets respectively. In pairing a composition to a quote I considered the aspects of design the quote addressed. There is certainly some crossover in composition and quote pairings but I was still pushing for a relation between the two. The hierarchy used in the quotes is arbitrary for the moment they don't have anything to do with the singular composition or set of billboard compositions. Finally, I have three tag lines in effect here. Graphic Design is: visually clever, visual wit, and witty visuals. I'm partially fond of witty visuals. The other are more proper, but maybe to be heard better a less proper tone is needed. Better appeal to the masses and the average person

No comments:

Post a Comment