Thursday, February 17, 2011

Billboards Revised and Re-revised

The first issue I had with my first iterations was the lack of color. I liked the black, white and gray at first. I felt like the simple black and white allowed the intellect and wit behind form in design to stand out. However, after seeing all the other billboard iterations I really wanted to see some color. The second issue I had with round one billboards was the lack of interaction between the type and the type as image. So both issues addressed this is round two. 


After a little critique with some classmates, it was decided that the second round of billboards was too crowded. They were all pretty crowded, loud, and it was hard to tell what was important. So they were all simplified, mostly everything made a little smaller. I've had a little trouble with choosing a color palette. I wanted to do a set of billboards that were all colored, but I kept wanting to drift toward a white billboard with an accent. So I looked for a some tips on choosing a color palette, and although most were about interior design I was able to get a little help from the web. I feel that the color in the third set is far better than the first.

The concept behind my set of quotes and my campaign is the visual and formal intelligence employed in design. Its strongly about the intelligence and knowledge needed to design well.




No comments:

Post a Comment